Our first successful batch of homemade maple syrup is finished! We tapped 4 of our maples trees out front a week or two ago and started collecting sap in a 55 gallon drum. Within 2-3 days it was 3/4 of the way full and too heavy to move so we started the boiling process. Bryan decided to stay up all night and boil it in one night. Well lets just say the first batch didn’t go so well. :) So we started over with a new batch and slowly cooked it over the course of about 4 days and finished it yesterday. We ended up with about a gallon and a quart of syrup from about 2/3’s of a 55 gallon drum of sap. It’s so delicious! And we are still collecting and should get another batch of about the same size out of it this spring yet. We are already looking forward to doing it again next year. :) We are very proud maple syrup makers. Neither of us ever thought we’d make our own syrup and we did it!
Our Growing Girls
Our Pre-Deployment Surprise…
Our Life Together…
- RT @TIME: Watch Alyson Stoner’s killer dance tribute to Missy Elliott ti.me/1E8ThGs 6 months ago
- Check out this awesome new app! Guess The 90's on the App Store! bit.ly/1gEhz2T http://t.co/dCSOIjkI3k 1 year ago
- #VoiceSave Caroline 1 year ago
- RT @NBCTheVoice: Retweet round of applause for @katrowbeeshow & @AustinJenckes! Making it to the #VoiceTop10 is no small feat. #TheVoice 1 year ago
- Congrats @carolinepennell !!! Welcome to #VoiceTop8 looking forward to seeing next week on #TheVoice 1 year ago
Networked Blogs – Follow us!!!
How We Pack Our Lunches